Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Finally a website I can be proud of is uploaded and hopefully I can keep it updated regularly using my mobile phone.
After giving my design ideas, some photographs, 3D artwork, text and links to Chris Wilsdon, fellow experienced web designer and photographer he has done a great job of taking my design ideas and engineering what I wanted, adding his own icing on the cake. Thanks to Chris for a good job and a good creative eye.

Sonar repair for Andre is complete. A revamped sonar originally built by Sture Hultqvist (sadly no longer with us) and similar to mine but using his own hardware and software.
The original connectors were not underwater rated and had corroded preventing the surface unit from triggering the fish. As a result the TVGA(time varying Gain Amp) was not triggered and the sonar was missing the most vital piece appart from the transducers.
This was repaired and a refurbishment undertaken to allow Andre to use his fish reliably whilst looking into the possibility of upgrading it to my software and new hardware to digitise his fish.
this is now a future possibility.

I am off to The Isles of Scilly in two days for 3 weeks and 4 weekends, to start hunting for some wrecks testing my improved sonar and filming for various projects. I will also finish filming the Isles of Scilly Travel PR work and my Explore Scilly DVD all being well.
As per usual I expect to be repairing things for locals, playing music and having a few barbecues too. Cant have all work and no play!
Thats it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment